A Day In The Life......

Monday, February 13, 2006

Brain Surgery Went Well

Karl and I were up at 4:30 for surgery this morning. He didn't get into the preop until 6:30 and then proceeded to snore away. Karl was so stressed he broke out in HIVES! legs and arms the poor guy!
Surgery went successful. Dr. Tompkins took out the two lesions on the left side. He was done around 12:30 and spent a long time in recovery. I didn't get to see him in the ICU until around 3:30- I waited about 4 hrs in surgery waiting area with mom. He is doing great, but complaining about his head hurting- duh. A very strong "beat" and I asked him what song and he said torturously," I think it's Madonna". So he's on morphine for the pain but asking to eat and drink. Nurses won't let him have anything but crackers and apple juice until morning. If all goes well he will be moved down to a regular bed and hopefully home on Wednesday. I will keep everyone posted!

Sorry this took so long to post but we didn't expect this to take so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home