A Day In The Life......

Thursday, September 29, 2005

105 and hopefully not rising

Well, 8 out of a possible 14 doses of interleukin and Karl has hit the 105 degree mark today. This afternoon to be specific. He also has developed a cough-possible fluid in his lungs or it's the oxygen dry cough. The nurses are keeping an eye on it. About an hour after he gets the IL2 he has uncontrollable shakes and shivers that are very uncomfortable and his body temp goes up to 105. When I left him tonight he was down to the last dose of Tylenol (only allowed so many I think 400mg a day or his liver will stop working) . I was hoping he could float with the fan, cold packs and a 103 temp because he needs that Tylenol for the next dose of IL2 at midnight. There's not much else they can do but keep him cool and give him demerol or morphine. I will know how his night went tomorrow morning and will post an update, I am also going to find out exactly when he will be done with the dosage, he's down for 14 but they usually only get 11 in before the kidneys and blood pressure start to nose dive. I'm exhausted and have to get some sleep. My mom is coming in tonight to help with Anika and hospital rounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home